Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cheap Makeup....It's good, Sometimes.

I'm going to get to writing a long 2014 Favorites post. I swear. But first, this. Cheap makeup. All my tips and tricks for cheap makeup. I love high brands. I love Nars, Urban Decay, Hourglass, Tarte. I feel no guilt dropping $30 on blush. BUT I can't always afford that and there are some really great cheap options out there.

My first rule of drugstore make up. Don't buy it at the drugstore unless you have to. Target. A lipstick that cost $5.50 at Target usually runs $8-$9 at CVS or Walgreens. Some brands only release new products at those stores. I picked up my latest Rimmel lipstick at Walgreens. It was $6 and they were on sale buy one get one 50% off, so that's worth it in my book. The new shades aren't at Target yet. Sign up for all the Walgreens/CVS cards. Download the Cartwheel app for Target. Clip coupons. These things will save you money. I'm going to include a list of my favorite drugstore products, but first we're going to skip to the internet.

Shop the internet. There are some really great, really cheap makeup brands online. If you are looking to add some crazy colored eye shadows or lipsticks to your life RUN to Colour Pop. This website is incredible. All of their products are $5 and there are some great colors. My personal favorite shadow shades are Get Lucky, Sequin, Hammered, Slave2pink, and Envy. For lips I love Scandy. Bichette, Heart On, Grind, and Brills. 
For basics Makeup Geek is your answer. $10 blushes that rival most of my $30 blushes. Romance, Smitten, Hanky Panky, and Spellbound are all fantastic options. Great quality brushes for dirt cheap. And the eye shadows. If you are trying to start a makeup kit this is wear you need to be. Corrupt is one of the best black shadows around. Beaches and Cream, Frappe, Creme Brulee, and Cocoa Bear are all great every day shadows. Bitten, Prom Night, Cosmopolitan, Shimma Shimma, and Wisteria are shades that can add a lot of spice to a basic look. All of the shadows, brushes, and blushes are great and lip products will be released soon!

Now back to the drugstore

.
Foundations- 
For full coverage I love the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous. There are a ton of shade options, it has a gorgeous matte finish, and it's less than $10 at Target.
For a more medium coverage I swear by Loreal True Match. If you have dry skin or like a dewy finish get the True Match Lumi. Loreal True Match is one of my all-time favorite foundations. 
For a lighter coverage Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch. This is my hot summer day foundation. It's light, but totally evens out your skin tone. It feels like there is nothing on your face. It's a gorgeous foundation.

Concealer-
For brightening and highlighting I am all about the Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant. 
For coverage and actual concealing I love the Loreal True Match concealer.

Blush-
Drug store blush can be the best. Makeup Geek's blushes are my favorite. After that I swear by Milani (available at Walgreens and CVS) particularly in the colors Luminoso, Delizioso Pink, Corallina, and Coral Cove. Nyx blushes are fantastic and you can get them at almost any drugstore and at Ulta. I love Dusty Rose, Terra Cotta, Peach, Pinched, and Apricot.

Powders- My favorite drugstore powders are the Rimmel Stay Matte, Nyx HD Powder, and Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder.

Eye shadows- First and foremost this Sonia Kashuk palette is a great place to start. Yes, it's almost $20, but it's got everything you need. This and a few shimmery, bright shades is all you need for any makeup look. It's beautiful and will come in handy. For shimmery shades I absolutely swear by the L'Oreal Infallible 24 hour eye shadows. They are all beautiful shadows that hold up to high quality, expensive shadows. I use some of these more than I use my Urban Decay shadows. My personal favorites are Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Endless Sea, and Midnight Blue. You cannot beat these beautiful shadows and they're $6-$7. I also really love the Maybelline Color Tattoos. They are beautiful cream shadows and very easy to apply.

Eyeliners- I love, love, love Jane Cosmetics water resistant liners. They are perfect for the water line. I'm also a huge fan of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Pencils and the Loreal Silkissime liners. For a winged liner I swear by the Maybelline gel liner, but I've heard a lot of great things about the NYC liquid liner as well.

Mascara- The Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara is awesome, but for the most part I swear by Loreal Mascara's. I love the Miss Manga mascara and the Voluminous in Carbon Black.

Lipstick/Lipgloss- I have a lot of favorite lip products. For lipsticks I love the Maybelline Colorsensationals especially the Matte line. I'm also a huge fan of the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate line and the Nyx Butter lipsticks. They're all less than $6 and are beautiful products with gorgeous shade options. For glosses I love the Loreal Colour Riche, the Rimmel Show Off lacquers, and the Revlon Ultra HD lip lacquers. 


All in all I swear you can find some really great make up at the drugstore or for super cheap online. These are all products I use on a daily basis and absolutely swear by.

No comments:

Post a Comment