Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

It's here and I am in LOOOOVE.

I finally got my hands on my beautiful Urban Decay Vice LTD palette. It actually arrived last Thursday, but I had a crazy busy weekend and thus I'm just getting around to writing this. The weekend did provide several opportune moments to try out the palette however. Hooray for pretty eye shadow.


The packaging is perfect. I'm not a lime green lover, but this packaging is super luxurious and the mirror is great quality. Perfect for travel. It's got this great little button and it opens super easily and gives the whole thing a very fancy feel.




And that's all before you even open it up. The colors are perfection. Almost all of them have perfect texture. Smooth, buttery, yummy, just absolute perfection.


All of the colors are absolutely stunning, but I've decided to focus on my five favorites. I'm a color girl so my favorites are Junkshow, Freakshow, Provocateur, Crystal, and Vaporize.





Junkshow is quite possibly my absolute favorite in the palette. It is the perfect BRIGHT pink. It's a gorgeous fuchsia with a lovely cool undertone. It's simply stunning and so bright. I am in love

Freakshow is a great purple. It's a gorgeous warm shade with the perfect frosty finish. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing not to love about this perfect purple.

Vaporize is the perfect taupe. It's frosty and has great shine, but there is no chunky glitter or anything of that nature. It's a great warm gray taupe. It has an almost deep silver feel to it without being silver. It will look good on almost anyone. It's just a great color. Super usable and blendable. 



Crystal is a little tough to work with. I'm not going to lie. But the color is just so, so pretty. I cannot help myself. It's going to require some work to get the color in the pan, but it's work the work so I will be packing that baby on. It's a cool icy blue with metallic shimmer. It's slightly glittery, but not chunky and the color is just perfect. I've never come across such a lovely icy blue. It's got a slight gray/sliver-ishness to it.

And finally Provocateur. Oh this color. It's one of those fabulous colors that looks good an almost anyone. It's an icy metallic pink somewhere between pink and rose gold. It contains some microglitter, but it's very finally milled and doesn't look tacky. The micro glitter definitely comes off as a shimmer. It's a simply beautiful pink.



My honorable mention/sixth place definitely goes to road stripe which looks like a regular old white in the pan, but is actually a beautiful iridescent white with a purply/blue shift. You've gotta love that duo chrome look. It's a stunning shade that I cannot get enough of.

My least favorite is probably Goddess. It's a beautiful color, but just lacks the creaminess/color pay off I'm looking for from Urban Decay.

All and all it's a great palette and I'm so glad to have gotten my paws on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment