Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

On Lipsticks and Life.

Or something like that. I love makeup. I love all makeup. But the makeup I love most of all is lipstick. I love it because I can change lipstick shades ten times a day if I want. A good red lipstick always makes me feel pulled together. I can be a complete mess, but lipstick can always save the day. I love all the finishes, textures, shades, colors, glosses, stains, balms....the options are endless. And it is so much fun to explore and play with. With that in mind I've put together a post on my favorite Fall lipsticks.


These lipsticks are all Fall appropriate. They run the gauntlet from deep berries to vampy reds to warm nudes. I think with this post I cover it all.

1. MAC Rebel My love for this lipstick is endless. It's $16 and stunning. The only way one can truly describe it is to say that it's the darkest pink you can imagine. MAC describes it as a deep plum. That sums it up pretty well. It's a gorgeous satin finish. It's vampy, vibrant, and so much fun.

2. Urban Decay F-Bomb $22 is a touch pricey for a lipstick. But I've never met a red a love so much. It's a truly classic red with a blue undertone that makes teeth look whiter. It's creamy, buttery, vibrant, and super intensely pigmented. It's my idea of the perfect red lipstick. And every girl needs a perfect red lipstick. It's the LBD of lipsticks. I am in love.

3. MAC Heroine This baby runs $16 and it's worth every penny. It's a perfect vibrant matte shade. It's a super intense purple. It takes a brave girl to pull it off. But I can guarantee you that you can do it. It's stunning.

4. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Lust for Blush I am constantly proclaiming the virtue of this lipstick. It's the perfect neutral pink. Creamy, soft, and matte. It's a buttery matte which is basically impossible to come by. It's a beautiful lipstick and at $5.50 you cannot beat it.

5. NYX Butter LIpstick in Big Cherry This is my go-to, everyday red. It's a butter lipstick so it's very easy to wear. It's vibrant and pretty richly pigmented, but it feels like you're wearing a lip balm. Urban Decay's F-Bomb may be my all time favorite red, but this is probably my most worn. Because it's easy. It doesn't even require a lipliner. It's just magic. And all that magic for only $6

6. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Touch of Spice This beauty is the perfect matte brown. It's a brown lipstick. For me the idea of a brown lipstick is drab and overwhelming. I love brights. I don't even know how to wear brown lipstick. But this one is wearable. In fact it's easy to wear. The tones in this lipstick are basically universally flattering. This sounds crazy, but it's a bold and exciting neutral that anyone can pull of and hello $5.50.

7. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 09 This shade is beautiful. It's a universally flattering red with blue undertones. It's dark and has a pinkishness to it without ever being pink. It's practically flawless and runs for less than $5 if you can find it at Target. It's beautiful.


I could go on for days, but these are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment